Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dripping, drowning - Original poem and illustration

After writing Sanatorium of the dead I didn't quite feel finished with the whole blood and gore scenario, I'm in a grim mood these days. I don't mind  though because at least it makes me creative. I have no idea why that is, but there it is...could I be more of an artistic cliché?

Anyway I made a bloody/vampire illustration inspired by "Sanatorium of the dead", and the illustration in turn inspired me to write a poem. Don't you just love that artistic snowball effect when one piece of art inspires another? I know I do!

So here it is, the poem and the illustration!

N.B.
I do have to mention that most of my poems are not autobiographical, they are more like short stories, really short flash fiction if you will, or musical songs.


Words and artwork (c) Anita K. Olsen Støbakk

Dripping, Drowning

My lips they drip,but is it bile or is it blood?
I cannot close them
cannot stop the flood.
I'm spilling over on the floor
there are pools at my feet
does my body truly contain more?

I'm drowning in myself
drowning in myself

My heart still beats,
every beat is one step closer to killing me!
I want to stop it
want the gods to hear my plea.
but it's too late to ask for salvation
I'm a lost and wayward girl,
the architect of my own damnation

I'm loosing against myself
loosing against myself

I need help

help...




Cheers Mateys!
Anita, the literary pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment